We commit to respecting your online privacy data. We further recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us. Information that are considered personal about you by us includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address or other contact information.
In order to use this website, you are required to register yourself by providing the following information which includes, but is not limited to:
- Essential Information like a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym) and email (mandatory)
- profile information like:
a) your real name
b) a profile picture or avatar
c) the city and country you live in
d) introduction in your own voice (recorded)
e) brief introduction about you in writing
You are therefore advised to re-read the Terms of Service on a regular basis. Should it be that you do not accept any of the modifications or amendments to the Terms, you may terminate your use of this website immediately.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Our site automatically collects your Internet Protocol (IP) address or Geolocation of the device from which the user can access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform); the site that the user visited immediately prior to visiting the Website; the specific actions that the user takes on the Platform, including the pages that the user visits, streaming or downloading sounds, recording sounds, connecting to the user’s Facebook or Twitter account or , following or unfollowing another user, posting a comment, or performing a search; any search terms that you may enter on the Website the time, frequency and duration of user’s visits to the Platform; user’s browser type and operating system; the nature of the device from which the users are accessing the Platform, for example, whether users are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy.
- Our site's online requisition form requires users to give us contact information (like your name, address, telephone number and email address), and demographic information (like your zip code/pin code). As a Shootwords member users are required to provide a valid email address at registration and choose a username or alias that represents your identity on our website.
- Certain information, such as user name, e-mail addresses, is collected in order to, among other things, verify users identity and for use as account numbers in our record system. Email addresses, Geolocations, Intellectual Property, listings viewed, any information entered in the contact us form or any other form displayed on any section of the website are also collected.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of our Websites. "Cookies" are small files sited on your hard drive that assist us in providing customized services. We also offer certain features that are only available through the use of a "cookie". Cookies can also help us provide information, which is targeted to your interests. Cookies may be used whether you register with us or not.
5. EXTERNAL LINKS ON WEBSITE
- The Website may include hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources. We have no control over any websites or resources, which are provided by companies or persons other than Us.
- The user shall acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
- The platform, including, without limitation, the website, the apps and all content and services accessed through or via the website, the apps or otherwise, are provided “as is”, “as available”, and “with all faults”. Whilst shootwords uses reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions in the platform as soon as practicable once they have been brought to shootwords’s attention, shootwords makes no promises, guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever (express or implied) regarding the website, the apps, the services or any part or parts thereof, any content, or any linked services or other external services.
6. LIABILITY FOR CONTENTS ON THE WEBSITE
User hereby acknowledge and agree that the Website:
- Stores Content and other information at the direction, request and with the authorisation of its users,
- Acts merely as a passive conduit and/or host for the uploading, storage and distribution of such Content
- Plays no active role and gives no assistance in the presentation or use of the Content. You are solely responsible for all of Your Content that you upload, post or distribute to, on or through the Platform, and to the extent permissible by law, Shootwords excludes all liability with respect to all Content (including Your Content) and the activities of its users with respect thereto.
7. REVIEW OF CONTENTS ON THE WEBSITE
b) Shootwords and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders hereby exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all liability which may arise from any Content uploaded to the Platform by users, including, but not limited to, any claims for infringement of intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity rights, any claims relating to publication of defamatory, pornographic, obscene or offensive material, or any claims relating to the completeness, accuracy, currency or reliability of any information provided by users of the Platform.
8. RESTRICTIONS TO BE PLACED ON USER ACCOUNTS
The user should avoid using any vulgar or abusive remarks against anyone like:
- any Content that is offensive, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, that promotes violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, incites hatred on grounds of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation, or is otherwise objectionable in Shootwords’s reasonable discretion; any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarises, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right; or any Content that violates, breaches or is contrary to any law, rule, regulation, court order or is otherwise is illegal or unlawful in Shootwords’s reasonable opinion;
- any material of any kind that contains any virus, Trojan horse, spyware, adware, malware, bot, time bomb, worm, or other harmful or malicious component, which or might overburden, impair or disrupt the Platform or servers or networks forming part of, or connected to, the Platform, or which does or might restrict or inhibit any other user's use and enjoyment of the Platform;
- any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional messages, spam or any other form of solicitation
- by using the Platform, the user has irrevocably waived the right to assert any claim with respect to any of the foregoing against Shootwords or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders
9. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You further acknowledge that the Website may contain information which is designated confidential by Us and that you shall not disclose such information without our prior written consent.
Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
11. OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
11.1 Law and Order: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
12. ACCESSING, REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR PROFILE
Following registration, you can review and change the information you submitted except your display name, during registration. If you change any information we may keep track of your old information. You can change your registration information such as: name, address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, and profile.
To remove your profile so that others cannot view it, you can Delete Account from Settings, or contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will retain in our files information you have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored 'back up' systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
13. CONTROL OF YOUR PASSWORD
When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. It is important that you protect it against unauthorized access of your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services.
14. OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTORS
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the company. We do not recommend transfer of sensitive information (such as credit card number) and bank account details via the Site. Users are recommended to do so offline, on the phone or via personal emails. Us follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Us receives it. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. You therefore agree that any security breaches beyond the control of our standard security procedures are at your sole risk and discretion.
- b) We do not warrant that your use of the platform will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the platform or any part or parts thereof, the content, or the servers on which the platform operates are or will be free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant that any transmission of content uploaded to the platform will be secure or that any elements of the platform designed to prevent unauthorized access, sharing or download of content will be effective in any and all cases, and does not warrant that your use of the platform is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
- c) Shootwords and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, and assigns, and their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, specifically disclaim all of the foregoing warranties and any other warranties not expressly set out herein to the fullest extent permitted by law, including without limitation any express or implied warranties regarding non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.